This is a restoration I’ve been working on with my father since 2008. We found the car in a U-store it and basically have redone every part on the whole car. Most of the components have been upgraded or completely rebuilt. The engine was completely rebuilt from the ground up as well as the transmission. When we first found the car it was a mess! It had been sitting in a storage locker for a long time when we rescued it. It’s come a long way from what it first was.
HERE IS A SNEAK PREVIEW OF HOW IT TURNED OUT!
Below are intial pics of the car. It was missing its engine and most of it was in boxes!
After that day, I worked hard to strip everything off of the whole car and get it down to its shell so it could be painted.
Then the body work began….
And after a long time, it was red again!
And then the engine work began… We acid dipped the whole block and started over from scratch. The end product not only sounded great, but also looked stunning!
THE COMPLETED ENGINE READY TO GO BACK IN THE ALFA
We also rebuilt the transmission which was a large task
Another big step was suspension and brakes. The underside of this car is just as clean as the outside and inside!
CLEAN NEW SUSPENSION
We also redid the whole interior. The headliner was a huge pain but it ended up turning out well! Here is a sneak peak of the finished interior
I began by insulating the whole car with heat and sound insulation.
and then for the headliner
Time for the interior, custom aluminum plates, and seat belts to go in!
After this was a good amount of wiring and eventually there was light!
Then we worked on some nice finishing touches like trim, fit, and finish